Deco Mulch is a chunky natural coloured timber mulch commonly used on large scale landscaping projects where a durable and economical mulch is required.
It is a blend ranging in size from 15mm to 30mm made from timber pallets and offcuts from clean sources.
The feedstock used to manufacture Deco Mulch is obtained from clean timber from forestry, sawmill and urban timber residues. This includes materials such as off-cuts and pallets that are collected as a separate source stream for processing.
Deco Mulch is manufactured in accordance with the requirements of the EPA Resource Recovery Mulch Order 2016. The requirements of this order apply in relation to the supply of mulch for application to land.
Timber mulch rather than a wood chip, with larger particle sizes. This provides:
- Greater durability for harsh environments.
- Reduced fines for greater water infiltration.
- Reduction in evaporation and erosion.
- Suppresses weed growth.
- Slower breakdown than finer mulches.
- Landscape designs requiring a natural finish.
- Large scale commercial projects.
- Low maintenance areas.
- Harsh environments requiring durability.
- Mulch is recommended on all landscaped areas and individual plantings.
- Remove all existing weeds before mulching.
- Mulch evenly – the recommended thickness is 100mm.
- Pull mulch from around trunks and stems.