Ecosafe Certified Soft Fall
Ecosafe is a certified soft fall designed for use as a playground mulch.
It has a medium consistency and has been blended to minimise sharp edges. Ecosafe has been tested in accordance with AS/NZ 4422:1996.
Falls are the most common cause of serious playground injuries to children. Impact absorbing material such as Ecosafe Certified Softfall assists in reducing the risk of injury if a child falls from playground equipment.
- Medium consistency to lessen displacement.
- Select timber sources to reduce sharp edges.
- Light and absorbing to minimise injuries.
- Levels uneven surfaces.
- Easier to install and maintain than rubber or sand.
- Cooler underfoot than rubber surfaces.
- Playgrounds in public and private areas.
- Leftover and spent material can be used as garden mulch.
- Ensure borders will effectively retain material.
- Place carefully so they will not become a trip hazard.
- Loose fill material should be installed to the depth recommended by Critical Fall testing
- For Ecosafe the recommended depth to be installed is 300mm. Depth of installed material should never fall below 200mm.
- An additional material allowance should be installed to allow for deterioration during use. For high traffic areas, such as under swings and slippery dips, an additional 20% depth is recommended.
- Ecosafe Softfall is easy to dispose of. Can be used as garden mulch after use.