Organic Soil is an unformulated, economically priced blend of mature compost and topsoil that has been screened to a coarse texture.
Originally designed as a base for lawn and turf plantings, this mix has also proven itself to be a reliable and versatile blend which can work most effectively as a general commercial garden mix.
Organic Soil provides best results in areas with good drainage that lack organic material. Projects that this budget product have been used in include as a turf underlay with kikuyu in an area adjacent to the beach.
Organic Soil is made in accordance with Australian Standards. As an unformulated product with larger particles, it is suitable for commercial projects. It is not recommended for use in domestic landscaping and can only be purchased in large volumes.
- Coarsely textured blend of natural soil, sand and composted inputs.
- High organic content for gardens and landscaping.
- Excellent water holding capacity.
- General commercial landscape applications
- Price competitive projects where certified products are not required.
- Budget landscape soil or turf underlay on poor soil.
- Cultivate into existing soil to increase depth and add organic matter.
- Organic Soil can be used to establish or top up gardens.
- All weeds, rubble or turf should be removed and subgrade amended if required.
- Apply to the necessary depth or up to 300mm, avoiding compaction. Water well to maintain even moisture, especially in early stages of development. Mulch to help prevent evaporation and protect the soil surface.