Pine Mulch is an appealing and economical alternative to Pine Bark.
It is a blend of shredded timber and pine bark pieces. With warm honey-coloured tones, it is popular for use as a decorative mulch in both domestic and commercial landscaping applications.
Pine mulch is a by-product of the plantation pine timber industry. The feedstock used to manufacture Pine Mulch is obtained from clean timber from forestry and sawmill operations in sustainable forests. This includes materials such as bark, woodchip, and wood fibre that are collected as a source separated material stream for processing.
Pine Mulch is manufactured in accordance with the requirements of the EPA Resource Recovery Mulch Order 2016. The requirements of this order apply in relation to the supply of mulch for application to land.
Pine Mulch is manufactured from single source timber. Features include:
- Attractive cream honey colour for decorative landscaping.
- Chunky larger particles and bark component for increased durability and water infiltration.
- Reduces evaporation and erosion.
- Suppresses weed growth.
- Slower breakdown than finer mulches.
- Landscape designs requiring a warm and decorative finish.
- Home gardens.
- Display gardens and parks.
- Differing particles sizes assist with hold on slopes.
- Mulch is recommended on all landscaped areas and individual plantings.
- Remove all existing weeds before mulching.
- Mulch evenly – the recommended thickness is 75 mm – 100mm.
- Pull mulch from around trunks and stems.
- Top up regularly to maintain colour if required.