SOILCO facilities are EPA-licensed and accept garden waste and untreated timber from authorised commercial customers.
By tipping timber at SOILCO you are reducing your waste disposal fees. You are also helping the environment by reducing the amount of waste going into landfill.
Presorted loads of the following materials are accepted at SOILCO Organics Recycling Facilities.
- Tree branches, grass clippings, prunings and weeds are accepted if pre-sorted from mixed wastes and excessive amounts of soil.
- Tree branches/timber must be less than one metre long and 150mm diameter. Timbers must not be chemically treated, painted or stained.
- Stumps and tree branches over 150mm in diameter and up to 3 metres long charged at a higher rate.
- Palm trees and fronds. Includes all palm trunks up to 150mm diameter and one metre in length.
Timber Wastes must comply with the EPA definition of Raw Mulch. In particular, urban wood residues must be untreated, unpainted and uncontaminated timber collected as a separate source stream for processing:
- Wood packaging crates and pallets.
- Wood shavings.
- Wood shavings and sawdust.
- Untreated solid wood offcuts.
Garden and Timber Wastes must not contain
- Engineered wood products such as particle board and plywood.
- Preservative treated or coated wood residues.
- Physical contaminants including but not limited to glass, metal, concrete, rigid plastics, flexible plastics or polystyrene.
Note: All loads are subject to inspection before tipping. Any loads with plastic, metal, concrete or brick contamination will be refused.