Cottage Mulch is a natural mulch made from timber pallets & offcuts from clean sources. It is a blend predominantly ranging in size from 8mm to 40mm.
Cottage Mulch is ideal for general landscape mulching but is also suited in price and design to home gardens and large-scale commercial projects. The feedstock used to manufacture Cottage Mulch is obtained from clean timber from forestry, sawmill and urban timber residues.
Cottage Mulch is manufactured in accordance with the requirements of the EPA Resource Recovery Mulch Order 2016. The requirements of this order apply in relation to the supply of mulch for application to land.
Note: Due to the variability in feedstocks mulch consistency and colour may change between batches.
Timber mulch rather than a wood chip, with variable particle sizes. This provides:
- Greater hold on slopes, stable coverage in wind and water movement areas.
- Reduced fines for greater water infiltration and particle size uniformity.
- Increased water holding capacity.
- Reduction in evaporation and erosion.
- Suppresses weed growth.
- Provides soil carbon when broken down.
- Landscape designs requiring a natural finish.
- Home gardens.
- Urban plantings.
- Sloped areas.
- Mulch is recommended on all landscaped areas and individual plantings.
- Remove all existing weeds before mulching.
- Mulch evenly – the recommended thickness is 75mm.
- Pull mulch from around trunks and stems.