Gold Blend has been a very popular organic soil with home gardeners on the south coast for a number of years.
It is recommended for growing plants that like nutrients and good moisture retention. Gold Blend is certified to AS4419:2012; Soils for Landscaping and Garden Use.
Gold Blend is used to create new garden beds or to top up existing beds. Ideal for display gardens, plants that thrive in Gold Blend include annuals, ornamental trees and shrubs as well as roses. The fine/ medium texture and GO CompostTM content makes GO Blend lighter than other soil blends and easier to apply.
- Gold Blend is an organic soil blend comprising natural soil, certified compost and sand. This is a premium product suitable for garden use.
- Friable blend featuring medium organic content.
- Excellent water retention.
- Organic matter for slow-release nutrients and superior water holding capacity.
- Ideal as a top-up for gardens or where a good quality growing media is required.
- Domestic gardens and urban landscaping
- Trees and Shrubs
- Camellias and Azaleas
Note: Gold Blend is not suited for use in planter boxes due to its fine texture.
- Gold Blend can be used to establish or top up gardens.
- All weeds, rubble or turf should be removed and subgrade amended if required.
- Apply to the necessary depth or up to 300mm, avoiding compaction.
- Water well to maintain even moisture, especially in early stages of development.
- Mulch to help prevent evaporation and protect the soil surface.