Vegie Mix is a general-purpose high nutrient and organic blend that is suitable for productive gardens.
It is a formulated blend of composted organic inputs such as GO Compost and manure, along with added natural soil and sand. Like most products containing manure, the pH of Vegie Mix is neutral to slightly alkaline. Plants liking strongly acidic conditions such as blueberries may need additional amendments.
Vegie Mix can be used as a top up for existing garden beds or used to start a new garden. When calculating quantities required consider the types of vegetable being grown. Root crops such as carrots and beetroots will require a deeper soil up to a maximum of 300mm.
- Rich blend including composted organic inputs such as compost and manure.
- Open mix with good water holding capacity.
- Designed for gross feeding plants such as vegetables and fruit trees.
- High in organic nutrients, no additional fertiliser should be required in the first growing season.
- Fruit Trees.
- Cut Flowers.
- Vegie Mix can be used to establish or top up gardens.
- All weeds, rubble or turf should be removed.
- Loosen up the ground underneath to provide extra depth and improve drainage.
- Apply to the necessary depth or up to 300mm, avoiding compaction.
- Vegie Mix is high in nutrients, so it is important to water well and maintain moisture levels, particularly in the early stages of planting.
- Vegie gardens will benefit from the mulching. Mulch will help protect young seedlings from weather extremes as well as assisting with the retention of moisture. It will also assist with weed suppression and protect the soil surface.