SOILCO facilities are EPA-licensed and accept organic waste, drilling mud and VENM soil from authorised commercial customers.
By recycling with SOILCO you are reducing your waste disposal fees. You are also helping the environment by reducing the amount of waste going into landfill.
Pre-sorted loads of the following materials are accepted at SOILCO Organics Recycling Facilities for approved customers.
Kembla Grange ORF
Kembla Grange CMF
Tweed Heads OPF
Drilling Mud (liquid)
Drilling Mud (solids)
Sand and Soil (VENM)
- Tree branches, grass clippings, pruning’s and weeds are accepted if pre-sorted from mixed wastes and excessive amounts of soil.
- Tree branches/timber must be less than one metre long and 150mm diameter. Timbers must not be chemically treated, painted or stained.
- Stumps and tree branches over 150mm in diameter and up to 3 metres long charged at a higher rate.
- Palm trees and fronds. Includes all palm trunks up to 150mm diameter and one metre in length.
Acceptable products for your compost bin are
- Meat (including bones)
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Grains (including rice and pasta)
- Dairy products
- Coffee Grounds
- A4736 Compostable Caddy liner bags
Not accepted products are:
- All packaging including compostable packaging (As per EPA guidelines)
- Plastic of any kind
- Aluminium and metal
- Pet waste
Timber Wastes must comply with the EPA definition of Raw Mulch. In particular, urban wood residues must be untreated, unpainted and uncontaminated timber collected as a separate source stream for processing:
- Wood packaging crates and pallets.
- Wood shavings.
- Wood shavings and sawdust.
- Untreated solid wood offcuts.
Garden and Timber Wastes must not contain
- Engineered wood products such as particle board and plywood.
- Preservative treated or coated wood residues.
- Physical contaminants including but not limited to glass, metal, concrete, rigid plastics, flexible plastics or polystyrene.
Note: All loads are subject to inspection before tipping. Any loads with plastic, metal, concrete or brick contamination will be refused.
- Acceptable – Drilling fluid consisting of naturally occurring rock and soil, sandstone, shale and clay
- Not acceptable – Drilling mud generated by deep drilling for coal, gas or mineral exploration
Drilling Mud (Fluid)
- Acceptable – water, chemical additives such as bentonite, sodium carbonate, sodium hydroxide, lime and polymers
- Not Acceptable – drilling through contaminated soils, acid sulphate soils (ASS) or potential acid sulphate soils (PASS)
Drilling mud processed at SOILCO in line with EPA resource recovery order Part 9 Clause 93 of the protection of the Environment Operations (Waste) Regulation 2014.
VENM (Virgin Extracted Natural Materials)
Accepted Soilco Wogomia Only
- Bulk clean soil or stone from excavated sites
- Must be free of any contaniments, including broken concrete, asphalt, bricks, tiles or timber offcuts.
VENM Certification is required before tipping, Testing would be according to NSW EPA Environmental guidelines: Assessment, Classification and Management of Liquid and Non-Liquid wastes (1999)
Note: All loads are subject to inspection before tipping, any loads with plastic, metal concrete or brick contamination will be refused.
For more information on acceptable products into SOILCO sites please contact email@example.com or call 1300 254 443