Our state-of-the-art Tweed Heads Organics Processing Facility is located at Stotts Creek Resource Recovery Centre in the Northern Rivers of NSW. It can process 25,000 tonnes per annum of food and garden waste into quality assured compost for re-use.
In this best practice facility, we have aerated in-vessel composting tunnels, biofilters and product storage infrastructure to ensure compost production compliance.
Tweed Heads accepts the following materials from approved customers:
- Clean Timber Waste
- Food Waste
- Sand and Soil VENM
Our Tweed Heads Facility at Stotts Creek is licensed – EPL number 21444.
For information on our environmental reporting for Tweed Heads OPF – click here.
Successful project enablers:
- SOILCO’s in-house team managed planning, approvals, design and construction to deliver the project within 2 years – a key contract requirement.
- Our team prepared the Development Application (DA) including Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) within 3 months of contract commencement.
- Local suppliers, contractors and materials were sourced for local investment.
Environmentally sustainable features:
- A 99KW solar power system to offset energy consumption.
- Rainwater captured for use in processing operations.
- Wastewater reused in the composting process.
- Cement replacements to reduce carbon emissions (fly ash and recycled aggregate).
- Offsite fabrication of plant operational equipment to reduce waste on site.