Organic Top Dress
An organically based topdressing consisting of a composted blend of sand, soil GO Compost and manure.
Finely screened it provides easy spread-ability and outstanding water infiltration and absorption. Organic Top Dress is designed and manufactured to fall within the parameters of AS4419-2018; Soils for Landscaping and Garden Use – Soils for Lawns and Turf (Top Dressing). Additional organic matter makes this a fit for purpose product.
Organic Top Dress is readily available and is suitable for use on a wide range of lawns, both domestic and commercial. Councils across Sydney and the Illawarra regularly spread this product across their sports fields to ensure strong growth and increase moisture retention in their soils.
- Fine consistency. Suitable for all lawn types including narrow-leafed grasses.
- Levels lawn to provide even surface.
- Organic matter increases water holding capacity of soil.
- Broad range of nutrients including nitrogen and iron.
- Easy to spread either manually or with a mechanical spreader.
- Encourages even lawn growth and strengthens density.
Organic Top Dress is recommended for use turf maintenance programs.
- Use as a premium turf underlay or top dress.
- Proven performance on community and competitive sports fields.
- Urban parks.
- Home lawns.
- Seeding and oversowing grass where environmental conditions are favourable.
Note: Organic Top Dress is not recommended for use on couch golf courses or bowling greens, or sand-based fields with slit drainage.
Recommended depth is 10mm for soil improvement. The recommended time for top dressing are spring and through the growing season.
- Before applying top dressing, it is worth determining whether the lawn area will need to be aerated.
- Aerating can ease compaction and help Organic Top Dress move into the root zone.
- Mow lawn before applying top dressing. This allows better levelling and a more even spread of the soil.
- When top dressing apply to a depth so that the leaves of the grass penetrate through the top dress layer.
- After applying, rub in top dressing or water well.