Since starting in 1974 as a family company with a background in farming, SOILCO has developed a deep understanding of issues such as soil fertility and water management.
The composting and recycled organics operations commenced from a desire to improve the quality of soil and maximise the productivity of this dwindling resource.
SOILCO’s GO range contains a high organic content that can provide a viable alternative to inputs such as poultry manure. Manufactured to meet Australian Standards and regulatory requirements, The pasteurization and composting process reduces biosecurity threats from pests, weeds and diseases.
GO COMPOST™ products:
- Supplies soluble calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus.
- Supplies nitrate nitrogen, ammonium nitrogen and sulphur.
- Supplies micronutrients such as zinc, manganese, iron, copper, boron and silicon.
- The product is alkaline – so can assist in raising pH – especially when used in conjunction to lime.
- Increases total carbon% and total nitrogen%.
- Improves soil structure by binding and stabilising macro and micro aggregates.
- Contributes to soil carbon, and aids in the increase of plant biomass.
- Improved soil structure and denser vegetative cover reduces erosion.
- Encourages the emergence of a diverse microbiology.
This range is suitable for a wide range of broadacre and intensive agricultural activities. This includes cropping and pasture improvements for industries such as dairy. The use of compost for subsoiling, is a developing as a method to improve soil properties and drive gains in productivity.